LUCY® Filter Carafe
Welcome to the world of LUCY®
Thank you for choosing the LUCY® Filter Carafe as your new favourite water filtration system. Find out more about the product and how to use it. To ensure the best results, please read and follow the manual as well as the safety warnings carefully.
Check out our quick start video here. http://go.waterdrop.com/filter-carafe-instructions
Table of contents
1. About the LUCY® Filter Carafe
2. What’s inside?
3. Before you get started – Tips for using your LUCY® Filter Carafe
4. How to use
5. Filter performance of the LUCY® Filter Carafe
7. Safety Warnings incl. disposal and warranty
1. About the LUCY® Filter Carafe
- The LUCY® Clarity Pad filters chlorine, as well as certain heavy metals, drug residues, oestrogens* and other coarse particles, like microplastic. It keeps healthy minerals like magnesium and calcium in the water.
- Noticeably improves the taste and odour of tap water.
- 1 LUCY® Clarity Pad can replace approximately 240 plastic bottles (500 ml bottles) and reduce your annual plastic waste.
- More sustainable than comparable filtering solutions thanks to minimised use of plastic and recyclable packaging.
- The LUCY® Filter Carafe offers a very fast filtration process.
- Filtration performance tested according to European norms DIN EN 17093:2018 and DIN 10521:2009.
- Made in EU.
- All components are BPA-free and food grade quality materials.
- A LUCY® Clarity Pad is made to last approx. 4 weeks or 120 L if used daily and can be replaced easily.
- Designed to fit all standard fridges.
*see chapter 5 for details
2. What’s inside?
1. 1x Lid that prevents spillage.
2. 1x Inner Cylinder (850ml) where unfiltered water can be added.
3. Glass Carafe (2L) made from high-quality, robust borosilicate glass.
4. 1x LUCY® Clarity Pad made from activated carbon fibres including an innovative ion exchange technology (patented and manufactured in Japan).
5. 1x Filter Holder that keeps LUCY® Clarity Pad in place for an effective filtration process.
3. Before you get started
Tips for using your LUCY® Filter Carafe
- Wash your hands with soap and water before inserting the filter pad to avoid contamination.
- Only use with cold tap water (do not use hot or carbonated water).
- Replace the Clarity Pad® after filtering 120L of tap water (approximately every 4 weeks).
- Don’t use waterdrop® products or other water enhancers in the LUCY® Filter Carafe as it will contaminate the Clarity Pad and make it unusable. Only use tap water.
- You can put your complete LUCY® Filter Carafe, including the Cylinder and Clarity Pad in the fridge to keep your water fresh for up to 24 hours.
- If you've kept your LUCY® Filter Carafe outside of the fridge and filled with water for a longer time (> 24hrs), make sure to empty your Carafe and refill with fresh tap water. If water has been sitting in the Carafe outside of the fridge for an even longer period of time (> 1 week), we recommend to replace the LUCY® Clarity Pad as well.
- Dispose of the LUCY® Clarity Pad in the residual waste.
- You can fill your LUCY Filter Carafe with up to 2L of water at a time.
- Ideally wash all parts with mild washing detergents, without abrasive cleaners, by hand at max 50°C. Do not use the hard side of sponges as they scratch the surface of the plastic parts.
- Do not remove the LUCY® Clarity Pad from the holder during its lifetime. If you replace the Clarity Pad at the end of its life, wash the holder thoroughly.
- If you want to purchase a new LUCY® Clarity Pad click here.
- Please find a detailed description of how to use the LUCY® Filter Carafe in chapter 4.
4. How to use the LUCY® Filter Carafe
Unpack the LUCY® Filter Carafe carefully and remove the Filter Holder from the bottom of the Inner Cylinder.
Wash all the individual parts thoroughly with mild detergents and warm water to remove potential production residues. Don’t use the abrasive side of a sponge as it might scratch the material.
Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Unpack the enclosed LUCY® Clarity Pad carefully.
Place the LUCY® Clarity Pad into the Filter Holder. The Clarity Pad is fragile, please handle with care.
Attach the Filter Holder to the bottom of the Inner Cylinder by pressing and twisting the holder at the same time until it snaps into place.
Insert the Inner Cylinder into the Glass Carafe. Make sure that the spout of the Inner Cylinder is aligned with the spout of the glass jug.
To activate the LUCY® Clarity Pad, fill the Carafe with cold tap water to start the filtration process. Repeat and discard the first two Carafes of filtered water (at least 2L).The LUCY® Filter Carafe is now ready for use!
For a video tutorial, visit http://go.waterdrop.com/filter-carafe-instructions
5. Filter performance of the LUCY® Filter Carafe
The following substances can be filtered acc. to European norms DIN EN 17093:2018 and DIN 10521:2009. The tests were conducted by the accredited laboratory Eurofins with 4L per day.
|Substance||Norm req.||60L||90L||120L||Heavy Metals|
|Lead||>90% (EN DIN 17093:2018)||>99.9%||>99.9%||>99.9%|
|Copper||>80% (EN DIN 10521:2009)||>97.5%||>94.0%||>90.1%||For taste and odour|
|Chlorine||>80% (EN DIN 17093:2018)||>99.9%||>99.9%||>99.9%|
|2, 4, 6 TCP||>50% (EN DIN 17093:2018)||>99.9%||>99.9%||>99.9%|
|Geosmin||>50% (EN DIN 17093:2018)||>99.9%||>99.9%||>99.9%||Drug residues|
|ß-Estradiol||Based on EN DIN 17093:2018||>99.9%||>90.7%||>91.9%|
Valid for the following models: LUCY® Clarity Pad 7 mm (as sold in Europe).
Tested service capacity is 120L. The tested service flow rate is 4L per day.
Operating temperature is 4°-30°C.
Storage temperature is 0°-50°C.
Tap water temperature is 4°-20°C.
Use only with potable tap water. Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe, or of unknown quality, without adequate disinfection before or after use with the LUCY® Filter Carafe.
Testing was performed under laboratory conditions. Filter performance may vary based on local water conditions. The contaminants or other substances removed or reduced by this water treatment system are not necessarily present in your water.
6. Frequently asked questions and troubleshooting
What’s the main benefit of using this product?
If you want to improve the quality and taste and remove substances* from your tap water - this is the perfect product for you!
How do I get new LUCY® Clarity Pads?
You can order them on our website in packs of 3 and 6 [/products/lucy-clarity-pad].
Why is the LUCY® Filter Carafe sustainable?
The LUCY® Filter Carafe is designed to work for a longer period of time compared to other filtration systems and makes the water reliably taste clean and fresh for you every day (when used as directed).This means you don’t have to buy single-use bottled water from the supermarket anymore - avoiding plastic waste in the process. And because you drink more water now, you work toward a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle in the long run.
*See chapter 5 for more information
What cleans better: LUCY® Smart Cap or LUCY® Filter Carafe?
While the LUCY® Smart Cap deactivates up to 99.9999% of germs such as fungi and bacteria and can be used on the go, the LUCY® Filter Carafe is a product to be used at home and filters heavy metals, chlorine, drug residues, estrogens and microplastic particles. They have different purposes and can both be good solutions to your journey towards clean tap water.
Why is the water running slowly?
The LUCY® Clarity Pad may be clogged and it is time to change it. Please replace the LUCY® Clarity Pad immediately.
My filtered water suddenly tastes odd - why?
The Carafe is dirty, or the LUCY® Clarity Pad is not installed properly. It could also be time to change the Clarity Pad. Please clean the Filter Carafe and install a new LUCY® Clarity Pad correctly into the Filter Holder.
Can the LUCY® Clarity Pad filter limestone?
The Filter Carafe does not filter limestone. Limestone is formed from the calcium that is present in drinking water. Magnesium and calcium levels are not affected by the filter. We filter the bad stuff out and keep the healthy minerals in the water.
I have little dark particles in my filtered water. What is the reason for this?
Due to the production process a slight abrasion of small carbon particles, noticeable as black particles, can appear in your water, during the first filling process. We recommend flushing the water filter several times or until the black particles disappear.
7. Safety Warnings and Instructions for the LUCY® Filter Carafe
As the person using the LUCY® Filter Carafe, you are responsible for reading and following the user manual as well as the Safety Warnings and Safety Instructions for using the LUCY® Filter Carafe. The complete and current versions of the user manual and the Safety Warnings and Safety Instructions are available at all times online at www.waterdrop.com. For any further information, please refer to our FAQs or contact the waterdrop® Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only use the LUCY® Filter Carafe in accordance with the user manual and the Safety Warnings and Safety Instructions. Improper use of the LUCY® Filter Carafe can cause damage and injuries.
IMPORTANT! Read the user manual and the Safety Warnings and Safety Instructions carefully before using the LUCY® Filter Carafe and make sure that you have understood them.
The LUCY® Filter Carafe may only be used with LUCY® Clarity Pads. Filtration effectiveness has only been tested with this type of filtration pad. Filtration effectiveness has not been tested with other filter pads.
Discontinue using the LUCY® Filter Carafe if damaged or modified. If the LUCY® Filter Carafe or any of its components do not work or do not work as expected, stop using the LUCY® Filter Carafe immediately.
Store the LUCY® Filter Carafe in a dry, shady, and cool place. Do not expose it to direct sunlight.
Only use the Carafe in a clean environment to avoid contamination, which is likely to cause bacteria to multiply.
Keep your LUCY® Filter Carafe away from heating elements, e.g., oven, coffee machine.
Filtered water from the LUCY® Filter Carafe is intended for human consumption only / drinking water purposes . It is a perishable food and as such please consume it right after the filtration process.
Replace the LUCY® Clarity Pad every 120L, approximately 4 weeks assuming daily use of an average family.
Ensure that you have a new LUCY® Clarity Pad ready for exchange. We recommend storing the LUCY® Clarity Pads in their original packaging in a cool and dry place.
Over the lifetime of a LUCY® Filter Carafe limescale might build up on the product. We recommend to clean and descale the LUCY® Filter Carafe on a regular basis with common household citric acid based descaling fluid. Only mild detergents but no abrasive cleaners should be used. Make sure to remove the LUCY® Clarity Pad first.
Handwash all parts of the filter carafe with mild detergent at a maximum temperature of 50°C. Make sure to remove the LUCY® Clarity Pad first.
The LUCY® Filter Carafe must not be cleaned and/or used by children without supervision.
Avoid any damage to the LUCY® Filter Carafe. Handle the LUCY® Filter Carafe with great care to avoid damage to its components.
Filter cold tap water only.
Check the LUCY® Clarity Pad regulary, if it is dirty it must be changed immediately.
The LUCY® Filter Carafe must only be used with water qualified or properly tested to be safe to drink (potable drinking water) according to applicable laws. Obey legal requirements or instructions from relevant authorities for measures or treatment required to ensure or increase drinking water quality when using the LUCY® Filter Carafe. If authorities instruct to boil water, water filtered from the LUCY® Filter Carafe also must be boiled. After a temporary boil water order or advisory is lifted by authorities, the LUCY® Filter Carafe must be thoroughly cleaned and a new LUCY® Clarity Pad must be used before use with non-boiled water.
If boiled water is recommended by a medical provider for certain groups of people (e.g., infants, immunity-impaired people); this also applies to water filtered with the LUCY® Filter Carafe. Irrespective of the water used, it is recommended to use utensils with stainless steel or kettles with concealed elements to boil the water. In particular, people who are sensitive to nickel should use appliances made of stainless steel or kettles with concealed elements to boil the water.
Once you have installed a new LUCY® Clarity Pad, let at least 2L of cold tap water run through the carafe. Pour these first 2L of water away, before drinking the filtered tap water from the Carafe.
The LUCY® Clarity Pad may release a slight abrasion of small carbon particles into your filtered water, noticeable as black bits. In case you observe carbon particles, we recommend flushing the water filter several times or until the black bits disappear.
Ensure proper disposal of the LUCY® Filter Carafe in accordance with local regulations. The different components of the LUCY® Filter Carafe might require different disposal methods.
Packaging of the Filter Carafe: Can be disposed of in the paper waste and is completely recyclable.
Packaging of the Clarity Pad: Can be disposed of in the paper waste and is completely recyclable.
LUCY Clarity Pad: Can be disposed of in the residual waste.
Glass Carafe: Can be disposed of in the residual waste.
Plastic parts: Can be disposed of in the residual waste.
Liability and warranty
Please understand that waterdrop® cannot accept any liability on our part if you do not follow the given usage instructions.