Safety Warnings and Instructions
of the LUCY® Smart Cap
As the person using the LUCY® Smart Cap, you are responsible for reading and following the user manual as well as the Safety Warnings and Safety Instructions for using the LUCY® Smart Cap. The complete and current versions of the user manual and the Safety Warnings and Safety Instructions are available at all times in the waterdrop® Hydration App as well as online at www.waterdrop.com. For any further information, please refer to our FAQs or contact the waterdrop® Support Team.
Only use the LUCY® Smart Cap in accordance with the user manual and the Safety Warnings and Safety Instructions. Improper use of the LUCY® Smart Cap can cause damage and injuries.
Read the operating instructions and the Safety Warnings and Safety Instructions carefully before using the LUCY® Smart Cap and make sure that you have understood them.
For safe and effective operation and functioning of the LUCY® Smart Cap, use the LUCY® Smart Cap only in conjunction with waterdrop® bottles that display the waterdrop® logo on the bottom of the bottle.
IMPORTANT: The LUCY® Smart Cap is not suitable or intended for use by children. The LUCY® Smart Cap contains small parts and can be dangerous for small children, especially for children under 3 years of age. Keep the LUCY® Smart Cap and all other dangerous devices, including those with batteries, out of reach of small children. The LUCY® Smart Cap can be used (i) by children aged 8 years and above and (ii) by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, only if such persons have been given supervision or instruction concerning the safe use of the LUCY® Smart Cap and understand the potential hazards involved.
Children must not play with the LUCY® Smart Cap.
WARNING: The LUCY® Smart Cap contains a UV-C LED. Avoid injuries as a result of the UV-C light. The LUCY® Smart Cap contains a safety shutdown of the UV-C device if the LUCY® Smart Cap is not used in conjunction with a waterdrop® bottle. However, you must never look into the UV-C LED (indicated by additional visible blue light in the waterdrop® bottle) and never point the UV-C light at your skin. This could lead to permanent eye and skin irritation.
- Never use the LUCY® Smart Cap without a waterdrop® bottle.
- Only use the LUCY® Smart Cap when it is firmly screwed onto the waterdrop® bottle.
- When using the LUCY® Smart Cap on a waterdrop® glass bottle, make sure to keep a safety radius of at least 15 cm.
- Never touch either the waterdrop® bottle or the LUCY® Smart Cap during the cleaning cycle so as not to disrupt the cleaning process.
- The LUCY® Smart Cap may only be used on waterdrop® bottles (glass or stainless steel bottles) that show the waterdrop® logo on the bottom of the bottle. The effectiveness of UV-C water purification has only been tested with this type of waterdrop® bottles, the effectiveness of UV-C treatment when used with other bottle designs has not been tested.
- Do not open the electronics of the LUCY® Smart Cap under any circumstances and do not tamper with it. This will invalidate any warranty.
- Store the LUCY® Smart Cap in a dry place.
- DO NOT use the charging cable of the LUCY® Smart Cap in the immediate vicinity of water..
- Clean the outside of the LUCY® Smart Cap with a clean, damp cloth. DO NOT use strong cleaning sprays, liquids or similar chemicals. The LUCY® Smart Cap is NOT dishwasher safe.
- Ensure that the LUCY® Smart Cap is never cleaned and/or used by children without supervision.
- Ensure that the LUCY® Smart Cap is never damaged, opened or modified. If the LUCY® Smart Cap or any of its components do not work or do not work as expected, stop using the LUCY® Smart Cap immediately. DO NOT attempt to open the LUCY® Smart Cap and/or repair its components.
- Use the supplied USB cable to charge the LUCY® Smart Cap. You will need a USB power adapter with 5V and 1A.
- Avoid any damage to the LUCY® Smart Cap. Handle the LUCY® Smart Cap with great care to avoid damage to electronic components.
- The LUCY® Smart Cap should be used at temperatures between 0°C / 32°F and +45°C/113°F. NEVER use the LUCY® Smart Cap at temperatures below -25°C / -13°F or above 60°C / 140°F or near a fire.
- Although carefully controlled microbiological laboratory tests have been carried out by certified external laboratories, the use of UV-C disinfection of the LUCY® Smart Cap by consumers in practice may give different results than the laboratory test data.
Ensure proper disposal of the LUCY® Smart Cap: The LUCY® Smart Cap contains a rechargeable lithium polymer battery. This battery cannot and must not be removed from the LUCY® Smart Cap. Dispose of the LUCY® Smart Cap with the battery (lithium polymer battery 3.7V 950mAh) in accordance with the applicable legal regulations. Do not dispose of the LUCY® Smart Cap in a fire and avoid any contact of the LUCY® Smart Cap with fire. Contact your local waste disposal authority for specific information on how to dispose of the LUCY® Smart Cap with its battery.
Liability and warranty
The applicable liability and warranty policies can be found in the waterdrop® Hydration App and at www.eu.waterdrop.com.